Lefty Logical Disconnect of the Day
The families of the next 50 or so people to get blown to bits or gunned down by ISIS will not be comforted by the fact that ISIS is not an existential threat.
Manny Mota...Mota...Mota (OK, not a helpful title...this blog is mostly about Economics, the Markets, Politics...and during the football season also about the New York Giants)
As far as is known, the attacks were planned by the headquarters of the Islamic State (ISIS) in Raqqa, Syria, which it has pronounced as the capital of its Islamic caliphate.So, someone tell me why the hell have we not Daisy Cutterred Raqqa into a smoldering pile of sand???
- The post-Obama American citizenry will be massively more armed than pre-Obama;
- A post-Obama America will have a healthcare system far deeper in disarray;
- A post-Obama America will less respected around the world, (considered weak by its enemies and unreliable by its friends);
- A post-Obama America will be more bitterly divided and contentious;
- A post-Obama America will have substantially more income inequality than pre-Obama AmericaThat's just for starters. What is more terrifying to contemplate for lefties is that America may have less, call it, constitutional solidity by which to restrict the depredations of a conservative (or even just a non-progressive) POTUS. What would a President Trump seek to do that he would not have considered were it not for a Constitution-flouting Obama??
WASHINGTON — An Islamic State detainee currently in American custody at a temporary detention facility in Erbil, Iraq, is a specialist in chemical weapons whom American military officials are questioning about the militant Sunni group’s plans to use the banned substances in Iraq and Syria, Defense officials said.
The detainee was identified by defense officials as Sleiman Daoud al-Afari, a chemical and biological weapons expert who once worked for Saddam Hussein’s Military Industrialization Authority.
I repeat, "Holy crap!" Special forces, temporary interrogation centers on foreign ally soil, no mention of Geneva Convention rights?!??!?!?!?! Damn that George W. CheneyBushHitler. POTUS gone rogue, I tell ya'! Get me Code Pink on the horn! Call the anti-war movement!Defense officials said that Mr. al-Afari, described by the military as a “significant” Islamic State operative who was captured a month ago by commandos in an elite American Special Operations force, has, under interrogation, provided his captors with details about how the group had weaponized mustard gas into powdered form and loaded it into artillery shells.
A study from the nonpartisan Tax Policy Center found that Clinton's plan would generate $1 trillion in additional revenue for the government over the first decade and an additional $2 trillion over the next 20 years.That is the exact same as saying the plan would raise $100 billion per year for 30 years. But "trillions" sounds better in terms of soaking the rich. $100 billion isn't big at all. In fact, the government runs a structural $400-500 billion deficit even after heroic efforts by the GOP congress to rein in Obama's typical $1 trillion deficits. So what HRC is proposing is pretty silly, especially when you consider that revenue coming in far in the future. Discount that revenue by historically typical interest rates and the net present value is half of that. Add in that everything that the government would spend that money on will be more expensive due to inflation, and these numbers are REALLY underwhelming.