Tuesday, August 16, 2011

We Bungled Egypt, But We Can Still Salvage a Good Outcome

Despite having made the greatest prediction ever, being on the cusp of making the second and third greatest predictions ever, having called the Obama unraveling down to the very details, and a host of other perspicacious prognostications where I am ahead of pretty much everybody, Roger Simon has seen fit to pass me over for Spengler. Well, you know what Simon, I crap bigger than Spengler!! The WSJ steals from me, Nobel economists crib my schtick!! Hell, I smelled the second coming of the Kosher Chicken !!

OK, I don't actually crap bigger than Spengler, just was as good an opportunity for a Jack Palantz reference as any. Actually, Spengler is closely watching something very important with MAJOR implications for the Middle East and the world, namely that if something doesn't change, Egyptians are gonna starve.

"...compared to Egypt, which imports half its caloric intake and is running out of foreign exchange."
You won't be seeing any "Miss Me Yet" t-shirts with Hosni Mubarak's mug on them for sale at the souvenir shops in Cairo, but what you could see is a yearning for leadership, any leadership, who can alleviate suffering by hook or by crook. History teaches that the likely results are not auspicious. Conversely this is an opening for the US. Call me Machiavellian, but much hunger could be alleviated with food-aid from the US if moderate, sensible, not radical Islamist governance carries the day, hint hint if you know what I mean.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home