Friday, August 19, 2011

Bad Luck? The Dumbest, Most Cynical Excuse Ever

Obama is rightly getting taken to the woodshed over the risible claim that the economy is suffering due to bad luck. I have been predicting, tracking, and analyzing in exquisite detail our economic struggles from the day Obama won election to this very day. I predicted we would be exactly where we are today across many dimensions (jobs, gas prices, corporate investment) well in advance. It's not that I'm a genius (OK, maybe...) but that Obamanomics is so predictably destructive. I saw it all coming as clear as day and I laid it out for my readers chapter and verse in what has to be nearly 100 posts. Here is a good example of my chronicles of the woes of Obamanomics. Bad luck is the farthest thing from the cause of our current state of economic affairs.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jerry said...

Donny,
What do you think of Dan Gilbert's idea to get the economy started.
http://choosethinking.com/2011/08/an-idea-to-get-our-economy-moving-ahead-quickly/

I don't think it would ever pass congress let alone the President.

6:22 PM  
Blogger Donny Baseball said...

Jerry-
I don't mind this proposal but it is not all it is cracked up to be. I think it is the best that a divided government could do right now, but it is not a good long term plan. Simple for instance: what I wanted to open a widget-making plant today? Sure, I'll get a tax break but I have to operate that plant under the current regulatory depredations of the EPA. I might have a run-in with the NLRB. And I have to deal with ObamaCare, and my bank has to worry about Dodd-Frank. So you see, simple tax incentives are nice (necessary even) but don't even begin to answer the problem.
DB

10:39 AM  
Blogger Jerry said...

Thanks for your reply,I agree with you. I'm hoping for a clean sweep next year for conservatives who have guts enough to change those laws but I'm not holding my breath.

5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home