Thursday, August 18, 2011

Perry's Fed Bashing Texas Jujitsu

Well, I was one of the first to say that Rick Perry was dead on right with his criticism of the Fed. Most seem to be agreeing with me, i.e the WSJ and Sir Lawrence and others. Others opted to criticized Perry's words and tone more than I did. First, I have a hard time with lectures on tone from the MSM and the left. Second, I think this is Perry's genuine tone, and I think that genuineness is OK, even preferable, and likely to be a campaign asset when juxtaposed against President Teleprompter. Third, I sensed that Perry was more calculating than off-the-cuff, and the Good Prof seems to agree with me - the MSM seems to have taken the bait, and Perry's savvy focus on monetary policy, a big issue, is now the backdrop to the media's Miss Manners squeamishness. Will America side with the media over small ball or Perry on the meat and potatoes? To ask it is to answer it.

Methinks Perry knows jujitsu.

UPDATE: Bryan Preston discourses comparably.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home