Friday, August 19, 2011

Devastating, Terrible, Awful News

The Commonwealth of Virginia has just reported a surplus of $544.8 million dollars for the fiscal year just ended. Governor Bob McDonnell announced that his administration was able to save an additional $234 million from previous estimates.

Good God, the humanity!!!

We all know that budget cutting is immorally cruel - it takes food out of the mouths of babes, it rips the roof from over the heads of the elderly, it kicks single mothers into the street, and - worst of all - it mortgages our future by depriving our kids of a decent education.

I am shuddering, I can't bear the thought of all those kids going without schooling and food, and all those elderly roaming the streets begging for assistance. The starvation! The misery! The suffering! It must truly be awful. I can't bear the thought of dear ole' Virginia plagued with such heart-rending, soul-crushing ruination and collapse. I weep! I can turn only to a higher power, Good Lord please save Virginia.

P.S. Just one question before I fall to my knees to pray for the salvation of the Old Dominion...they didn't raise tax rates so how on Earth did tax revenues rise???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home