Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Don't Worry Dems, "You've got me."

Hey, just a reminder that in the runup to the 2010 mid-term elections, the Lightworker was reassuring blue dog Democrats that things would be fine and certainly nothing like 1994 because, in Obama's words, "you've got me."

I bring that up more for comic relief than anything else, but it's worth noting that after the unmitigated Syria clusterfark, he could potentially be about as toxic as a sitting POTUS can get come the 2014 midterms.  Oh, did I mention that that might be good for stocks...??

As long-time readers of this blog know, I have advanced the theory - from almost the very moment that Barack Obama was elected - that he would be a disastrous President and that he would destroy the Democratic Party.  My timeline on that was that it would all happen neatly within four years, such is how monumentally ill-suited Barack Obama was and is to be President, and that he would not be re-elected.  Well, I got that last bit wrong, but I am still much on track for the other two main predictions.  I suspect that after the Syria debacle, congressional Dems will continue to move away from the President and that any Presidential push going into 2014 mid term elections will have very little impact.  As such, the Dems could be alot less successful than is now thought, which is not very successful.  We'll see, but this could be the beginning of a move back to the center for Dems in order to stay relevant, which would be a major realignment that banishes the progressive wing of the party. 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home