Friday, August 10, 2012

Abandoned Reason

I said that "austerity" (which is nothing of the sort) would be the bane of leftists the world over and the new target of ire of the MSM.  I was absolutely correct and yet I didn't expect the sheer shamefulness and idiocy (silly naive me) that the MSM would embrace in order to purvey a campaign of fear over "austerity" (did I mention the Orwellian bullshit logic that labels slightly less profligacy as "austerity"?  I guess I did.) 

Anyway, the irresponsibly atrocious story that got my Irish up this week was this story about the putative outbreak of child abandonment taking place in Europe, which CNBC directly links to "austerity".  This is flatly bogus.  I am not denying that abandonment is going on, although the data appear to be thinly and dubiously sourced; I am sure abandonment is happening in increasing numbers.  But, just as in the example of Greece's lack of aspirin, the cruelty is not in the remedial actions taken to save/mitigate an exploding system, the real cruelty lies in building and subjecting a populace to a system that will inevitably collapse in destructive fashion.  Any outbreak in abandonment is not attributable to "austerity", but it is attributable to the European social model exploding in catastrophic fashion.  "Austerity" is a result of the larger failure, not the cause of it.  Children are being abandoned because they were always effectively wards of state, their government-dependent parents essentially just middlemen, nominal providers of resources that have their origin with the state.  Now that the state, the real provider for many children, is bankrupt, these children have no provider and are being abandoned to the hope of care and provision elsewhere in society.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home