Thursday, May 05, 2011

A Slew of Smart Plays on Energy from Boehner & Co.

Awhile back I said that Boehner and his new crew best be getting their act together on energy - a sweet spot where good policy and good politics are well in their favor. Looks like they took my advice, or at least deduced this smart strategy on their own (yes, I know that is hard to believe, I am a little shocked myself).

UPDATE: What timing. I kid you not, this just came across my desk, written by the President of a small, publicly traded oil and gas company in the annual letter to shareholders: "In last year's letter I was not optimistic for small independent oil companies. I remain guarded. There are several governmental agencies which, if left unrestrained and unchecked, can financially destroy small independent oil companies overnight." Is this guy just paranoid? On that note, check this out...remember who Hornbeck is? So while the President is here in my neck of the woods today letting people know that he is indeed fighting the war on terror (using Bush's playbook), it is also, unfortunately, the case that he continues to fight the war on American business.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home