Friday, January 08, 2010

To Frac Or Not to Frac

I've discussed the move to nip the development of our vast natural gas reserves before (I encourage you to click through, if I must say, it is one of my better posts). Today, Mark Perry elucidates the issue quite nicely here.

This is the kind of policy that will severely damage our standard of living in the long term and it has me worried. Alternatively I speak with top-class natural gas investors and operators who brush it off. Their attitude can be paraphrased, "Unless we want to live like we did in the early part of last century, we're gonna have to 'frac', so it's gonna happen." This is a toss up for me. We killed off MTBE. There are so many places we can't drill. Our capacity to pursue stupid energy policy should not be underestimated. If you have an informed opinion, I'd love to know what you think...

H/T: Perry's blog, Carpe Diem

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home