Tuesday, January 05, 2010

David Brooks Can't Read the Tea Leaves

Dear David Brooks:
I was born, raised and currently reside within 15 miles of midtown Manhattan. I went to a prestigious preparatory high school, attended a top tier college, and got my graduate degree from an Ivy League university. I make...well, let's just say I make more than you. And never have I found myself scratching my head at one of the many pedantic references to some scholar, great idea or philosophical movement in your columns. You could say I consider myself part of the "educated class" (just not the "intellectual class", because I am not prone to believe in something so profoundly flimsy as AGW, or dangerous as gun control, or as predictably disastrous as Fannie Mae or as absurd as the UN, etc.). And I'm not angry (I'm quite chipper in fact). In other words, I am precisely not the type of person that you, David Brooks, thinks would be drawn to the Tea Party movement, but guess what? I am. I love those Tea Partiers. Know what else? I know many many more folks just like me (right here in the northeast! and educated too!) who are drawn to the Tea Party movement. We keep it quiet though. Why? Because your typical NYC liberal is so ragingly intolerant that you never know when an ever so slightly sympathetic word about Tea Partiers might end a long standing friendship, scuttle a promising romance, lose you a client, get you voted down from membership in that club, or otherwise result in your ostracism from 85% of society in these here parts. So, as important as you think the Tea Party movement will be, double it, because, like anything other than textbook snotty, atheistic, northeast liberalism, it's in the closet, hush-hush, on the QT among us NYC Tea Party Sympathizers.
Regards (and "Don't Tread On Me"!!!!!),
Donny Baseball

UPDATE: My sense is that most of the MSM dipshits that heap scorn on the Tea Party movement have no clue what it is about. When Chris Matthews says the Tea Party movement is 100% white, what he is really saying is "Shut Up".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home