Friday, September 12, 2008

Thank You EJM for Reinforcing My Beliefs

I must admit I was totally unexcited about the candidacy of John McCain. I was resigned to dragging my buttocks to the polls to, in my own small way, try to counteract the most irresponsible national flirtation that we as a people have ever entertained, namely electing someone without even the remotest qualification to lead this country and setting the bar for the future so low as to be meaningless. The choice of Sarah Palin slightly changed that, for it seems that she is the anti-Ted Stevens and she has some appeal to libertarians. But now, after the appalling behavior of the elitist jerkoff media (I have recently determined that "MSM" does not accurately convey the perfidy, arrogance and willfull negligence of our major news sources, so I coined a new term), I am a hair's breadth away from breaking out the checkbook for the McCain-Palin ticket. Sarah Palin has drawn forth from the media and "progressives" everywhere a reaction that has reminded me yet again why I am not of their ilk - they are idealogically intolerant and pretentious to no end in their condescension. The whole experience has been remarkably edifying for me and I feel great. That's worth $500, no?

UPDATE: On that theme, this is Mark Steyn at his best - doing the Coke-spitting, gut-splitting, laugh out loud funny eviseration of the lame media that natural born citizens won't do.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home