Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Thomas Frank Still Dreadful

Well it's Wednesday so I guess we can expect another dreadful and illogical column from Thomas Frank, the WSJ's "Wednesday Liberal". Frank doesn't disappoint. He's appalled, and he wants you to be appalled as well, that American business isn't democratic. I guess he wants all of us savers and entrepreneurs to stick our money into a bank account and invite a couple hundred strangers to vote on how to spend it! No shit business isn't democratic, it's our money! Speaking as a representative of America's shareholding class, I can clear it all up for Mr. Frank...we don't allow votes on raising deductibles or relocating factories because it is our damn money. If I deem that more generous healthcare benefits are economically damaging to my business's interests or fully justified to retain talented individuals, that is my decision to make. If I happen to believe that Paducahans and Peruvians have an equal claim to earn a living and must compete for my payroll dollars, that is my decision. Conduct charity with the dollars you control Mr. Frank.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home