Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Andy Cuomo Says: "It's Good To Be the King"

On Internet forums, t-shirtsbumper stickers, billboards and yard signs all over the state of New York, Andy Cuomo is unflatteringly portrayed as a dictator and/or a jerk.  So, it might be less than brilliant to say something like this...
“It’s not a legal question. The Moreland Commission was my commission,” Cuomo said. “It’s my commission. My subpoena power, my Moreland Commission. I can appoint it, I can disband it. I appoint you, I can un-appoint you tomorrow.
“So, interference? It’s my commission. I can’t ‘interfere’ with it, because it is mine. It is controlled by me.”
Dictator much?  Jerk much?

Yup and yup.

Unfortunately historically here in New York, when faced with replacing d**kheads like Cuomo, we've never really had much of a positive alternative to replace them with (see Pataki, George).  Sometimes that's OK, you get addition by subtraction.  But this time around we do have a good alternative.  This is not just a "get rid of the jerk" election, we can actually do that while making a positive step.

* For those who don't know, the Moreland Commission was setup to explore ethics reforms (note:  Albany is widely known to be one of the most corrupt and dysfunctional legislatures in the country) and for Cuomo it is a fig leaf to make it look like he doesn't like the way Albany works.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home