Tuesday, May 15, 2012

So Far: Romney Playing Chess, Obama Checkers

Just a quick note, it seems to be an emerging fact that the Romney campaign is "agile and aggressive" as John Hinderaker notes.  Mitt's campaign appears not to be stodgy and hidebound as many seemed to expect it to be by falsely equating their perception of Romney's personality with how he'd run his campaign.  The quick responses to many of Obama's themes of attack indicate a strong focus on anticipation and war-gaming...and response.  It is one thing to anticipate an adversary's moves, it is another to plan and execute an effective counter-attack.  This is good news.  It indicates that Romney is playing chess.  I thoroughly expected chess out of the Romney camp but many did not, which is odd. Why somebody with Romney's background would be expected to mount a limp and ineffective campaign is beyond me.  Anyway, more good news is that Obama is playing checkers.  I hope this continues.  I suspect it will not, but I can't guarantee that Obama will switch it into chess mode operating as he is with B and C Teamers.

UPDATE:  Wow, click through to that "B and C Teamers" link.  I think my analysis holds up real well...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home