Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Tanned, Rested and Ready

Sorry for the light blogging folks, was away with the Baseball clan for a little R&R in the tropics. There has been much I've wanted to blog on, but frankly when you are ensconced in a lounge chair on the beach with a mango and dark rum smoothie...it's low on the list. Couple things though fitting with my themes in the past...


- add yet another CEO who thinks Obama is clueless and is not afraid to say so, things are that bad. (bonus: Jack Welch calls it all a charade, like, well, I did)

- my $4 gas prediction is now vindicated and I may ultimately look like a piker for only predicting $4 as the CW is now talking about $5 gas. Just remember folks, I said in May of 2009 that Obama would have 10% unemployment and $4 gas to contend with as his bid for re-election got going. I am now officially a political forecasting genius. With that and all the other examples of abominable leadership and disastrous policy tracks that Obama has inflicted it is hard to see how he achieves re-election. That said, I was 200% convinced back in 2007 that the American people who never elect such a bozo, and yet we did. So frankly on these matters, I have some moments of doubt about my instincts. Still, the market though is confirming me for the time being. It's rise has been directly related to Obama's decline in approval ratings and increasing impotence politically. Current market sentiment is telling me that the market is cautiously optimistic that Obama will have a very difficult time of it in his re-election bid.

- people are now getting hip to what our impotent response to piracy says about us. I was on to the whole piracy thing before it was cool.

- every day that the union-led protest goes on in Wisconsin is a day worth reprising this post.

- looking around the world you could be forgiven for thinking that things are truly coming apart at the seems. Remember folks, American weakness begets chaos, and in direct proportion too. So the extreme state of discord around the world is telling us exactly how weak and pathetic we are at this point.

Good to be back.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home