Thursday, October 01, 2009

Future of Healthcare: Cash Is King

In this post I talked about how BaucusCare would incentivize me to dump my insurance, pay the fine, and take the substantial cash savings out shopping for healthcare. Big question though: will I be able to walk in, put cash on the barrel and get the care that I need? I have every confidence that I will based on substantial evidence that many providers will totally opt out of the government system of payment and be cash only, private providers of healthcare. Via Carpe Diem today, I see that my confidence is well placed. If you multiply my reaction on the demand side and this surgery center's reaction on the supply side many times over, what you see emerging is a two-tiered system of readily available care for those with cash and uncertain care for those with government insurance. Is that what reform is supposed to achieve?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home