Monday, January 14, 2008

How I Would Campaign in Michigan

If I were campaigning in Michigan today along with the rest of the Republican field, I would say this:

"I will pursue policies at the federal level that promote US competitiveness and economic prosperity broadly across the nation, but I can't prevent states from screwing up their local economies, so I won't have a policy that caters specifically to Michigan. Michigan's problems are Michigan's doing. You let Mississippi and Alabama steal your auto industry. You drove Comerica Bank across state lines. The rest of the country has 5% unemployment. Nearly every other state had economic growth. You could too, if you got your act together. I want to be your President but don't look to me to solve your economic problems, look to Lansing."

How many votes do you think I'd get?

2 Comments:

Blogger Ethan said...

One. From Ted Nugent.

5:02 PM  
Blogger Tax Shelter said...

more votes that you would expect but not enough to get elected.

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home