Tuesday, September 13, 2005

I think I am still talking to myself, but...

it seems fairly obvious that I should explain the name and significance of this blog. The name is a reference to a quote in what I deem to be a classic movie (actually, not a "quote" because it doesn't come from a character, it is an audio clip that is simply used in the movie). It's significance is zilch, nil, nada, the big bagel. Following what seems to be one standard approach in the blogosphere, I started this blog with no particular theme or intended audience and thus have no need to press the name into service of any larger mission. So, with not a whit of a care for proper Marketing, the obvious thing to do was to pick something from a movie that was made way the hell back when and for which my affection confounds my spouse.

As for me, I am a finance industry entrepreneur in New York City, which could mean alot of things, but suffice it to say, I have a day job. I also have kids. That about sums up the tone of the posts you will find here - thoughts from a guy with kids and a day job. (No drivel like you would find from a childless guy with cats.) I will post mostly on economics and the markets as those are both my profession and my principal interest, as well as politics and some oddball stuff. Despite all outward appearances, I will not post about baseball. I don't really know a whole helluvalot about baseball despite the fact that as a boy I dreamt of being Graig Nettles and leading the forces of good over the forces of evil, which in those days were the Kansas City Royals.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home