Thursday, January 02, 2014

Scuttlebutt from Down on the Plantation

So I did a quick canvass of some of my typical - and typically crazy - NYC associates who are, for me, barometers of NYC political leftism.  These are folks for whom Barack Obama inspires all manner of warm, fuzzy, tingly feelings (and who would gladly accept him as King for life of America), who think that Paul Ryan is a raging, right-wing, baby-killing hatemonger, and who undoubtedly would brave the swim to France if faced with the prospect of President Sarah Palin.  In other words, classic NYC elitist leftards.

What did I learn?  Based on the inauguration scene, they are none to pleased with their new mayor.  DeBlasio strikes them as phony and an a**hole.  There is some serious buyer's remorse setting in and hopes rising that he proves an ineffective nonevent.

Curious.

Too few data points to conclude anything solid, but I'll keep my eyes and ears open for more scuttlebutt down here on the plantation.

UPDATE:  It was even too much for the New York Times.  Bloomberg should have stood up and left.

1 Comments:

Blogger Suncraig said...

You guys are meeting me feel good about our mayor in Chicago.

10:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home