Friday, February 01, 2013

Truly Demoralizing

Sad but true.  But if you watched or read any of the confirmation hearings yesterday, you will understand that Chuck Hagel is a complete moron.  Thus, what logically follows is this:

- President Obama is OK with a complete moron in charge of America's military assets and personnel;
- The world, in its often violent and tumultuous vicissitudes, will carry on knowing that a complete moron is in charge of America's military capabilities;
- Those in leadership and on down to the lowest in uniform will know the above.

And this was Obama's first choice, among hundreds of possible choices.  Truly demoralizing. I pray America's military capabilities survive these next four years.

This post title from Hot Air captures it perfectly.  PERFECTLY.

"Hapless, unqualified candidate likely to receive unanimous Democratic support for key cabinet post"
Captures America perfectly, actually.  We've descended so far down into the pit of partisan tribalism, disengaged from rationality, prudence, wisdom, and duty.  I've read about the fall of great civilizations. Now I feel I'm living it.

In my weaker moments I'd shrug it off, almost happy that Obama has chosen catastrophic members to be on his team, because catastrophic people mean catastrophic results and I want Obama to go down in history as the catastrophic disaster that he is, so that his is a cautionary tale for future generations.  But I can't countenance those feelings.  This is my country after all and the last time we defanged our military capabilities to this extent in a decadent festival of butter over guns - as will surely come - lives were eventually lost by the millions, and we lost a chunk of an entire generation just to get back to even.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home