Tuesday, August 17, 2010

I'm Still Self-Back Patting...But I Have a Serious Point

Well folks, eighteen months after I called the start of the Obama meltdown, Politico (hardly right-wingers) is saying he's done, that America has moved on.

I don't have the time to make some penetrating social commentary about how a society where people get married and divorced within months chooses its leaders, but I don't even think that is the proper analysis. OK, maybe a little. I mean, sure, we should be more discerning when giving out the tremendously powerful office of President, but I think it was just a brain fart. Hopefully, as the world grows more dangerous, our prosperity languishes, and we start to tangibly lose our liberties, we'll learn a lesson or two and start to be more discerning with our votes and more circumspect in choosing our leaders. It's hard to say at this point, but if four years of Obama heightens our seriousness as a nation and raises our collective decision-making, enduring it may turn out to be worth it in the long run.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home