Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Wait for the Next 'Boeing vs Airbus' Book

I'm fifty pages into this book, which I got so excited about when I learned of it. I regret to say that I am going to give it fifty more pages and if it doesn't pick up, I'll put it down unfinished. The book doesn't demonstrate a level of depth of understanding much greater than a typical business section newspaper article. The writing is an afterthought and there is little in the way of business analysis. This is not a businessman's book or a commercial aviation enthusiast's book, it is a glorified gossip column written by a political insider. So far at least, I'm holding out hope.

Maybe I should have known better. I guess, in theory, a card-carrying member of the Clintonite diplomatic corps and a dime-a-dozen, second inning historian attack dog, could write a great book on this exciting business rivalry, but it should have been a warning sign.

UPDATE: 84 pages in I've decided life is too short and my reading list too long. I've put it down.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home