Monday, April 23, 2007

This Just In. Commie Pinko Reporter at NY Times!!

OK, here is my best Claude Raines..."I am shocked, SHOCKED...that David Leonhardt has written a ridiculously biased piece in the NY Times." From Greg Mankiw's blog we get a link to Leonhardt's 'exploration' of the economic advisors to the presidential candidates. The article is ridiculous beyond belief. I can sum it up for you: "Republican advisors = all about tax cuts, thus boring and awful. Democrat advisors = all about nationalized healthcare and saving the environment, thus cool and exciting."

It strikes me as particularly dishonest of Leonhardt to go on like he does that Democrats have exciting and "serious" proposals about healthcare and lamely states that guys like Hubbard and Cogan merely, "like tax cuts." Hey man, ever heard of THIS BOOK (mentioned here and here )!! I find it hard to belive that Leonhardt doesn't know of this book, he'd be a terrible journalist if he didn't. Obviously Leonhardt knows about this book, but he chose to ignore it. What a jerk.

OK, I will concede the small probability that Leonhardt is ignorant, yet good faith ignorant as opposed to willfully ignorant, of his subjects' policy work. In which case the remedy is easy. I, Donny Baseball, will accept a small fee from the NY Times Company to provide my commentary and analysis to NYT's economic columnists on an advance basis.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home