Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Cart Before Horse? Yes, Guilty As Charged.

Larry Kudlow asks the all-important, obvious (so obvious that everyone missed it) question. Here I have been bending my deductive sail over healthcare policy and yet not one of the potential candidates from the one major political party that ostensibly doesn't loathe American capitalism has made a strong commitment to preserving the dividend and capital gains tax cuts and/or seeking additional pro-growth tax cuts. That's like me asking, "Do you truly love my daughter?" before I get around to "Do you have a criminal record and/or a history of mental illness?"

So who will grab the mantle? Who will say, "As President I will live by the words of the late Milton Friedman when he said 'I am in favor of cutting taxes under any circumstances and for any excuse, for any reason, whenever it's possible.' "

1 Comments:

Blogger Tax Shelter said...

I think the candidates know that tax is not the issue that would bring them the votes. They are not stupid with respect to counting votes. I sense that the voters are not happy and they don't know exactly why.

10:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home