Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Man Is It Lonely Out Here

Mrs. Baseball and select other associates have known that I have been predicting a Democratic House and a Republican Senate for sometime (at least a year) but I haven't gone on record as saying such so I can't prove my political analytical savvy to the world. But I did predict lots of bitterness and puckering over a year ago. Safe to say that one was on the mark.

The MSM seems to be continually pounding the theme that voters are upset over the situation in Iraq. I guess. I mean the MSM are generally quite in tune with the people and deadly accurate perceptive, right? Just for the record then, I am one of the negligibly small percentage of Americans, by MSM logic, that aren't upset over the situation in Iraq. I am upset that I don't have a way to opt out of the Social Security Ponzi scheme. I am upset that I can't buy health insurance that is identical in cost and purpose to the life insurance that I buy. I am upset that my tax dollars are going to provide miracles of science to the wealthiest generation of human beings that the world has ever seen and bridges for small communities in Alaska. I am upset that I can't plan my family's investments past 2010 because I don't know what tax policy will look like. I am upset that we aren't drilling like mad for oil in Alaska and the OCS so that we don't have to buy oil from Hugo Chavez and the Saudis. I am mad that the government feels it is its duty to intervene in myriad aspects of my life that it has no business in and that it does so in a ham-handed, bone-headed and worthless manner.

Reading the mainstream news I feel like the only guy in America who feels this way.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home