Monday, January 16, 2006

Stossel Flames the Education Monopoly

Cafe Hayek tipped me off about the John Stossel special investigative report on education this past Friday. I predicted a typically incisive and conventional wisdom/orthodoxy-exploding Stossel performance. And I also predicted unprecendented hate mail.

After watching the program, I realize I was off the mark. I should have predicted not hate mail, but death threats. Stossel absolutely skewered the forces behind the education monopoly. And I mean skewered. Randi Weingarten was exposed as the fire-breathing union thug that she is and that Inez Tennenbaum looked about as clueless as could be as she burbled her technocrat boilerplate.

Stossel is a national treasure and he truly stuck one in the eye of the last great crushing monopoly in America today. It is a surprise that the MSM has kept him around.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home